From Travoltified names to thousands of renditions, the anthem for this winter and early spring has been
“Let it Go!”
With the first quarter of 2014 closing, what goals or practices do you need to let go of for 2014? There are practices and behaviors that at one time served us well and now due to changes in times and personal situations, those same behaviors are slowing you down or even attracting negative thoughts and ruining your reputation. For this week, if they’re no longer serving you then let that practice go! Just like clutter in your environment can slow you down and drain you, there are times when perfectly wonderful items, well intentioned gifts or habits served us or met our needs. If they no longer do that – let it go!
Debbie Ford’s questions I find to be profound questions to ask yourself if you’re unclear of what to let go of:
1. Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
2. Will this choice bring me long term fulfillment or will it bring me short term gratification?
3. Am I standing in my own power or am I trying to please another?
4. Am I looking for what’s right, or am I looking for what’s wrong?
5. Will this choice add to my life force, or will it rob me of my energy?
6. Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
7. Does this choice empower me or dis-empower me?
8. Is this an act of self-love or self-sabotage?
9. Is this an act of faith or an act of fear?
10 Am I choosing from my Divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?