Now that you’ve landed an interview, we want you to make a good impression.
We suggest you follow these basic guidelines common to most interviews:
• Be on time!
• Dress professionally.
• Research the company prior to the interview so you are familiar with what they do.
• Speak confidently and honestly about your work experience as it relates to the job for which you are applying.
• Be aware of your grammar, diction and posture.
• Look directly at the interviewer and smile often.
• Do not chew gum.
• Turn off your cell phone!
• Never wear your Bluetooth phone!
• Try to refrain from answering questions with only yes or no answers.
• Ask questions that show you are interested in the position and the company.
• Don’t bring up the salary or ask for more than the job pays. (Always discuss with your Recruiter, not the employer.)
• Refrain from discussing personal problems or talking against former employers.
• Be careful not to talk too much or too little.
• Follow up with your Recruiter after your interview.
• Send a thank you note via mail or email to the person who interviewed you.
Remember, you are there to sell your talents and abilities. Convey your strong points with sincerity and enthusiasm.