Burnett Specialists is a privately-held, employee-owned, Houston based company with offices in Houston, Austin, El Paso, San Antonio, and Dallas, where we operate as Choice Specialists. Certified as a HUB by the Texas Land and Procurement Commission and nationally certified as a woman owned business, we are widely respected as a diversity vendor.
We offer our clients the convenience of utilizing one source for staffing and direct hire placements. Our skills specializations include: accounting, administrative / clerical, convention support, engineering, HR, IT, legal, industrial / manufacturing, management, medical admin, mortgage / banking, sales / marketing, supply chain, TeleSkills / call center and training.
Additional services include: payrolling, vendor managed services - managed service provider - MSP, vendor on premise - VOP, and e-Commerce - VMS.
Our recruiters have consistently been ranked among the top recruiters in Texas. The impressive tenure of our staff is also a source of pride and sets us apart from our competition. We are also proud of our industry rankings and the many industry and community awards we have won over the years.
• 1974 - Burnett Personnel Services was founded by
Sue Burnett. Encouraged by a booming Houston oil and gas industry based economy and operating on a $10,000 loan, Burnett became profitable in the first year.
• 1976 - Rusty Burnett joined the firm and started the professional division of Burnett
• 1977 - Started Burnett Temporaries
• 1981 - Operating four Houston offices
• 1983 - Opened Austin office
• 1996 - Opened El Paso office
• 1999 - Opened Dallas office - Choice Staffing Services
• 2000 - Changed our name to Burnett Staffing Specialists
to reflect the diversity of our services
• 2001 - Opened San Antonio office
• 2007 - Opened The Woodlands office
• 2010 - Became an Employee-Owned Business
• 2012 - Changed our name to Burnett Specialists
• 2013 - Changed our name to Choice Specialists in Dallas
• 2013 - Updated our logos to reflect our dymanic skill specialty diversification
• 2013 - Offices in 6 Texas markets - Houston,
The Woodlands, Austin, El Paso, San Antonio
and Dallas (Choice Specialists)
> 5 offices in Houston
> 12 specialty divisions
Approaching our 38th year, Sue and Rusty Burnett decided they wanted to give back to the people that helped make their company a success. "We heard about another staffing firm, putting an ESOP in place in October 2011. I had never heard of a staffing firm doing an ESOP before. We thought this was an ideal strategy for the future of our company. I wanted to ensure that the company would continue its success for decades to come."
We remain a certified woman-owned business with Sue Burnett continuing as President. Also remaining are Rusty Burnett, Executive Vice President, and with the rest of the management team.
We are now Texas' largest employee-owned staffing and placement firm as ranked by the National Center for Employee Ownership.